Enter the “I Want to Be an #ExpertFlyer” Instagram Photo Contest and Get out of the Middleseat!
Catch yourself, a friend or family member aboard a plane or in an airport in a funny, quirky or undesirable air travel moment and tag it #expertflyer. We’ll draw up to four (4) winners between April 23rd and August 20th for a host of prizes, including a free one-year subscription to ExpertFlyer Pro.
How to Enter:
You must be 18+ years of age and an @expertflyer Instagram follower. Photo entries must be tagged using hashtag #expertflyer to be eligible. Please read contest rules below for additional information and come back here to see what’s been entered.
Winners will receive a 1-yr subscription to ExpertFlyer Pro (video below) to help put an end to undesirable air travel situations. Additional prizes include: (1) WD My Passport hard drive, (1) Innergie PocketCell portable charger, and (1) Noiseware photo app by Imagenomic.
EXPERTFLYER INSTAGRAM PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: I want to be an ExpertFyer Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
2. Sponsor: Expert Travel Services, LLC, 414 West Sunrise Highway / #311, Patchogue, NY 11772. ExpertFlyer.com is the sole Sponsor of this Contest.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on April 23, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on August 20, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Entrants must follow @expertflyer on Instagram. Instagram Photo Contest entries must be tagged using hashtag #expertflyer to be eligible. All winners will be selected and notified no later than one week from the contest end date. The photo may only include individuals under the age of 13 if submitted by his or her parent or legal guardian. Instagram’s terms apply. In order for your entry to be valid, your Instagram must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Posting a photo on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Requirements and Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Requirements and Restrictions.
o The photo used for your Submission may only include individuals under the age of 13 if submitted by his or her parent or legal guardian;
o Submissions that were previously taken or entered in previous contests or posted to other outlets are permitted. Participants must be the owner of submissions and be able to confirm ownership if asked.
o Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein;
o The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringers another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
o The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, other companies or their products, or any other person with the Contest;
o The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions of individuals included in photographs in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor the right to use the image to promote the contest through social media postings and general publicity activities with no additional compensation to the photographer. The photographer will retain all rights to their respective photos.
If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is natural person assigned to the Instagram account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be selected by Sponsor from all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. All eligible Submissions will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based on the following criteria: creativity, uniqueness, and the ability to tell a story with a single photo. At the sole discretion of the judges, up to four (4) entries will be deemed Grand Prize winners. Limit one (1) prize per person.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified through their Instagram account via a comment from the Sponsor (@expertflyer). Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator or Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. The potential winners will be required to provide a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) and email for prize fulfillment purposes within the required timeframe stated in the notification, in order to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prizes must be awarded to a runner-up, if any, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-rewarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission, or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after end of Contest.
8. Prizes: Up to four (4) entries may be deemed as Grand Prize winners, at the sole discretion of the judges, and shall each receive one (1) $100 subscription to ExpertFlyer Pro, (1) WD My Passport hard drive, (1) Innergie PocketCell portable charger, and (1) Noiseware photo app by Imagenomic. Grand Prize winners will be selected at the end of the Contest Period.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless ExpertFlyer, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submission received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserved the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserved the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor and the other Contest Entities shall have the sole right to disqualify any Entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of Suffolk, state of New York without giving effect to choice of law or conflicted law principles (whether of the state of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Winner List: For a winner list, visit the ExpertFlyer Instagram account at http://instagram.com/expertflyer or the ExpertFlyer Contest Page
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Instagram.