All posts in New Features
Addition of US Airways Flights Complements Existing American Airlines Operated Award / Upgrades on ExpertFlyer
NEW YORK – September 17, 2014 – ExpertFlyer.com®, the premier online air travel information tool for business travelers and frequent flyers, announced today that US Airways will provide ExpertFlyer with access to its award and upgrade inventory effective immediately. The addition of awards and upgrades from US Airways operated flights will complement the existing American Airlines operated award/upgrade data currently available to subscribers of ExpertFlyer, allowing travelers to create flight alerts for awards and upgrades with US Airways the same way they currently conduct searches with American. ExpertFlyer’s goal is to provide convenience and value to its customers and has found more than 190,000 award and upgrade tickets for its customers since 2006.
“Our partnership with American has been beneficial to the airline, ExpertFlyer, and most importantly, our customers,” said Chris Lopinto, president and co-founder of ExpertFlyer.com. “Our goal is provide our customers with important and oftentimes hard to find information all in one place.”
“We are pleased that customers who choose to fly US Airways will now have the same service from ExpertFlyer that they have had for American Airlines flights,” said Cory Garner, American’s managing director – distribution. “This agreement provides another step toward a more seamless customer experience during the integration of our two airlines.”
The Awards & Upgrades feature of ExpertFlyer is the easiest way to find an award ticket or upgrade. Simply enter the airline(s) you want to fly, the destination, the date(s), and search. ExpertFlyer will show you in real-time the number of award tickets and/or upgrades available based on your query. If you must take a particular flight where no upgrades are available, users can create a flight alert for as many as 30 different flights at one time. If an award ticket or upgrade is found, ExpertFlyer will send instant notification.
Each month, ExpertFlyer’s One-on-One blog goes face-to-face with the travel industry’s leading decision makers to discuss and address topics relevant to many of today’s business and frequent travelers.
ExpertFlyer.com was conceived and created by an eclectic team consisting of a veteran elite tier frequent flyer, an airline captain and corporate travel manager, and information technology professionals to deliver a 24/7 real time powerful air travel information service. The company provides its subscribers and corporate travel managers alike with a complete, concise and efficient way to access the ever-changing details of worldwide air travel information. For more information, please visit expertflyer.com.
Stuck in the middle seat again? Download the free Seat Alerts app from ExpertFlyer and get the window or aisle seat without hassle or frustration.
# # #
Recent tweets people are reading from @ExpertFlyer
United flight diverts over ‘Knee Defender’ fight
Read more: ift.tt/1lbwmFQ
In a Healthy Travel Industry, Signs of Disruption
Read more: ift.tt/1qjJmsW
American Airlines to charge for solo kids up to 14
Read more: ift.tt/1pScBDo
Cathay Pacific to make Boston its sixth U.S. destination
Read more: ift.tt/1vqZwS6
Air India 787 grounded for engine inspection, repair
Read more: ift.tt/1AC3slH
United hopes promise of hot meal can win back top fliers
Read more: ift.tt/1oUUc9E
Pilot vs. attendant: Fist fight delays Saudia flight
Read more: ift.tt/1w11Jrp
We are excited to announce that today we are launching several new ExpertFlyer features:
- Flight Timetables
- Aircraft Equipment Change Alerts
- Interline Agreement Information
- Visa, Health & Passport Information
- Shows flights timetable information, both for direct flights and connections, for different airlines between a pair of cities on a specific day or range of days
- Can also search for all flights to or from a specific airport on a given day
- Ability to search only for non-stop/direct flights or include connecting flights
- Advanced filtering options by airports, airlines, and type of flight
Aircraft Equipment Change Alerts: (Premium Subscribers Only)
- Monitor for changes to the aircraft equipment code returned for the Seat Map of a flight
- No more surprise seat reassignments, ExpertFlyer will periodically check for an equipment change and notify you if a change is made
- Part of the 30 Active alerts allowed at one time in the Premium service.
Interline Agreement Information & Visa, Health & Passport Information:
- Additions to the Travel Information tool
- Interline Agreement search shows the airline codes that have an Interline Agreement with the specified airline
- Visa, Health & Passport Information shows Visa/Entry requirements for travel based on your citizenship and departure country, as well as other country specific information for your destination
We hope you find these new features useful in your travel planning and look for more great additions to ExpertFlyer in the coming months.
With one after the other mishaps over the last two years, Carnival is presenting an offer that they hope consumers can’t refuse. USA Today reports,”The Great Vacation Guarantee, as it’s being called, allows guests to end their voyages early and receive a 110% refund plus free transportation home, along with a $100 shipboard credit for a future cruise, should they be dissatisfied for any reason.”