We are excited to announce that today we are launching several new ExpertFlyer features:
- Flight Timetables
- Aircraft Equipment Change Alerts
- Interline Agreement Information
- Visa, Health & Passport Information
- Shows flights timetable information, both for direct flights and connections, for different airlines between a pair of cities on a specific day or range of days
- Can also search for all flights to or from a specific airport on a given day
- Ability to search only for non-stop/direct flights or include connecting flights
- Advanced filtering options by airports, airlines, and type of flight
Aircraft Equipment Change Alerts: (Premium Subscribers Only)
- Monitor for changes to the aircraft equipment code returned for the Seat Map of a flight
- No more surprise seat reassignments, ExpertFlyer will periodically check for an equipment change and notify you if a change is made
- Part of the 30 Active alerts allowed at one time in the Premium service.
Aircraft Equipment Change Alerts
Interline Agreement Information & Visa, Health & Passport Information:
- Additions to the Travel Information tool
- Interline Agreement search shows the airline codes that have an Interline Agreement with the specified airline
- Visa, Health & Passport Information shows Visa/Entry requirements for travel based on your citizenship and departure country, as well as other country specific information for your destination
We hope you find these new features useful in your travel planning and look for more great additions to ExpertFlyer in the coming months.
Carnival Cruise Line
With one after the other mishaps over the last two years, Carnival is presenting an offer that they hope consumers can’t refuse. USA Today reports,”The Great Vacation Guarantee, as it’s being called, allows guests to end their voyages early and receive a 110% refund plus free transportation home, along with a $100 shipboard credit for a future cruise, should they be dissatisfied for any reason.”
Read the full USA TODAY story here and for the in’s and outs on the best cruises and ports of call, read our interview with Doug Ward, author of Berlitz Cruising and Cruise Ships Guides.
Today we’re announcing that ExpertFlyer now has a “Paid Seats” designation in it’s Seat Maps. This designation will be used for any seat that is marked as a seat where a traveler would have to pay to reserve it by the airline.
Since airlines can also mark such seats as free for elite frequent flyers as well as Paid, a second seat designation, Paid & Premium, as also been added. When you see this icon on a seat it means that the seat can be reserved by an elite frequent flyer, or by paying. ExpertFlyer previously shows these seats as Premium Only.
For Seat Alerts®, the “Paid & Premium” seat will be treated the same as a Premium Only seat. Paid seats will be treated as not available. We hope you find this addition to ExpertFlyer helpful as the busy holiday travel season approaches!
Today we’re releasing the much awaited improvement to the Mobile Edition of ExpertFlyer. We have reworked the mobile site to be much more touch device friendly with an enhanced user experience. Now when you browse to the ExpertFlyer mobile site (m.expertflyer.com) on any iPhone, iPod, Andriod, PalmOS, Windows Phone 7, or recent BlackBerry device, the newer version of the mobile site will automatically appear. (Click on the image for a larger version)
We have leveraged the full power of these modern devices to create an enhanced experience, now the most powerful tool for frequent flyers is even easier to use on the go. For older and non-touch capable devices, the original mobile site will still be used.
(Click on the image for a larger version)
We have also made other recent additions to ExpertFlyer:
Flight Availability Point of Sale:
- Users now have the option of a UK Point of Sale for the Flight Availability search. If you click the Show Advanced Options button at the top of the search page, then a Point of Sale option box will become visible at the bottom of the search form where you can select from either a USA or UK point of sale.
- Any Flight Alert that is subsequently created from a Flight Availability search that used the UK Point of Sale will itself be checked using the UK Point of Sale.
- The Fare Information search now has a Passenger Type option which allows you to see, in addition to regular Adult fares, these additional types of fares:
- For Fare Information searches that include Surcharges (fuel or otherwise) in the price of the fare, there is now a View Fares Without Surcharges option that will allow you to see the base fare without any Surcharges applied. This simplifies fare comparisons across airlines.